Tuesday 7 June 2011

Jewels for Gaga!

Another really exciting opportunity that came up in May was a chance to create some pieces for Lady Gaga. As she was playing Radio Ones big weekend in Carlisle I was double excited, not least because Carlisle is where I am from and its a little town that deserves some amazing stuff to happen there! When I first started creating jewellery I was known for my huge, statement piece necklaces that we offered through our London market stall, so this was a perfect chance to revisit my first love of creating massive, eye catching, crazy pieces for the Lady herself! So we made her a box of goodies, my favourite ones I've featured below, first of all there was a massive brooch made from tons of tape measures and hand studded with brass dome findings, it measured over a foot in length and was super fiddly to make but it looked stunning when it was finished. The second piece was a crazy necklace featuring the best of british sweets, biscuits, chocolates and and things sweet and lovely. I enjoyed making this necklace so much, it looked so realistic and it was a pleasure to make pieces on such a big scale, its certainly inspired me to start making big statement pieces to feature on the website soon. I hope Gaga enjoys them as much as I loved making them :)


1 comment: